Babel Buster Network Gateways: Big Features. Small Price.
Honeywell's New Smart Lighting Zone Controller Brings Greater Energy Efficiency to Commercial Buildings
MINNEAPOLIS, April 29, 2013 — Honeywell
(NYSE: HON) announced today the expansion of its Lighting Solutions
product portfolio with the new Lighting Stryker smart lighting zone
controller to help building managers reduce the energy costs of
lighting in commercial buildings.
Lighting comprises up to 20% of energy consumption in commercial buildings, making it a significant cost driver for many enterprises. Honeywell’s Lighting Stryker smart lighting zone controller can help reduce energy costs by allowing building managers to easily program lighting zone set up, time scheduling, daylight harvesting and dimming strategies to drive energy savings. The wall module configuration wizard – pre-programmed in the Lighting Stryker – is a unique tool used to set up and configure lighting strategies and create lighting scenes. It works with a preconfigured set of lighting control strategies designed to reduce installation errors and improve customer experience.
“With the continuing drive to reduce energy consumption in all types of building and facilities, Honeywell’s lighting products, like Lighting Stryker, can make a substantial contribution toward energy reduction,” said Tom Rosback, general manager of commercial control systems at Honeywell. “Products like Lighting Stryker and Honeywell’s other building automation products can help building owners achieve even greater energy efficiencies.”
The Honeywell Lighting Stryker manages line voltage switching with low-voltage control and integration to building automation systems. Installers can set up the system as a standalone lighting control network or integrate it into HVAC, security, video and other building automation systems. The Lighting Stryker easily integrates with a Honeywell Building Automation interface for remote monitoring and control of lighting systems. The device provides BMS connectivity via BACnet for easy integration to WEBs-AX or other leading building automation systems.
The Lighting Stryker provides features such as:
• Smart Scheduling to match lighting control strategies with time-of-day or day-of-week.
• Design flexibility that is adaptable with the use of the area. When the layout or usage of the area changes, the system is simply re-configured to accommodate the new requirements.
• Energy savings allows lighting to adjust automatically according to ambient lighting levels or turned off when areas are not occupied.
• Control outputs for 0-10 volt dimming and switching control.
• Increased control of lighting zones for automated demand response.
• Zio Smart Scene Selector which serves as both configuration tool and scene selector, eliminating the need for a computer to set up energy-saving lighting strategies.
• Ease of installation and configuration that makes Stryker easier to install and requires less configuration than proprietary lighting control systems.
For more information about Honeywell’s
Lighting Stryker, visit www.beyondinnovation.honeywell.com.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]