True Analytics™ - Energy Savings, Comfort, and Operational Efficiency
Building Insights by Schneider
Electric Provides a Transparent View of Energy Efficiency across an
Entire Enterprise of Multi-Site Small Buildings
Cloud-based data and analytics provide customizable dashboard, monthly
reporting and actionable insights accessible anywhere, anytime to help
facility managers increase operational efficiency and return on
DALLAS – January 26, 2015 – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, today announced Building Insights, a cloud-based solution that provides enterprise small buildings real-time visibility and control of all heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), lighting and metering devices from anywhere at any time. With the Building Insights solution, enterprises with multi-site portfolios of small buildings – such as restaurants, retail stores, healthcare offices and banks – will be able to efficiently manage thousands of sites simultaneously via a computer, tablet or smartphone. Armed with actionable information, building owners and managers can make smarter energy management decisions to achieve up to a 30 percent reduction in energy costs while optimizing operations, increasing energy efficiency, reducing risks and improving occupant comfort.
The solution will offer facility managers two levels of control: site-level and cloud-level. At the site-level, the Building Insights solution supports both wired and wireless devices for HVAC, lighting and metering applications, providing fully integrated control of energy on-site and remotely. With the solution’s foundation in the cloud, facility managers can monitor and manage their facilities through powerful cloud-based software that offers a custom dashboard. This dashboard will incorporate advanced data and analytics to provide actionable insight and can be used to configure devices, add lighting schemes, create automated schedules and respond to trends, alerts and issues. In addition, the dashboard also can provide tailored reports – for example, monitoring specific HVAC sensors and/or delivering trend analysis of overall monthly consumption to allow for continuous improvement.
With remote, centralized management of building devices, building managers are empowered to elevate performance and improve operations. The Building Insights solution will offer:
• Actionable insights: Advanced data and analytics communicate the information building managers need to maximize energy and operational efficiency, performance and return on investment.
• On-site controllers that can integrate Modbus™, EnOcean® and Zigbee® metering and pulse-counting devices to pinpoint problem areas and discover opportunities for savings.
• Easy monitoring and control of both basic and advanced lighting systems – either wired or wireless – with integration of switches, relays, motion, lighting and door/window contact sensors.
• Safe and secure Web access to sites and storage of user, project and site data.
Leveraging open protocols, the Building Insights solution from Schneider Electric can easily expand to meet growing building requirements, reducing downtime and labor and material costs. In addition, the solution’s wireless technology makes it ideal for retrofit applications, as it requires virtually no downtime during installation.
The solution is currently available in North America. For more information, contact a Schneider Electric sales representative.
Schneider Electric Adds Monitoring and Management of Electrical Systems to SmartStruxure Solution
Power Manager for SmartStruxure™ solution empowers building facilities, operations and energy managers to monitor, measure and optimize both power and building systems from a single interface
DALLAS – January 26, 2015 – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, today announced Power Manager for SmartStruxure™ solution. The solution adds electrical systems management – specifically power monitoring and energy accounting capabilities – to the company’s premier building management system (BMS) SmartStruxure solution. Power Manager for SmartStruxure solution enables organizations with non-critical electrical network applications to better monitor, manage and optimize their buildings from a single, easy to use interface. This ensures electrical system health, increases power quality awareness and improves energy accountability. As a result, customers can improve: operating expenses by reducing energy consumption, building availability and equipment life, and tenant/occupant satisfaction while achieving sustainability goals.
Energy is one of the largest expenses for facility owners and managers and is under increasingly rigorous regulations. However, many organizations have minimal visibility into their utilities. Power Manager for SmartStruxure solution addresses these challenges by providing a fully embedded, cost effective power monitoring solution that can be managed via a single system.
Power Manager for SmartStruxure solution provides users with actionable information to ensure the ongoing health of electrical systems and increase power awareness. Equipped with tools to monitor electrical equipment and key capital assets, organizations can improve response times for power related issues, better understand power factor, harmonics and voltage disturbances, identify faults and quickly diagnose key electrical problems. Energy managers can also continuously improve energy usage by tracking energy consumption, using this data to achieve energy conservation objectives or corporate sustainability goals. Available features of the Power Manager for SmartStruxure solution include:
- Attractive, configurable dashboards: Users can quickly and easily create dashboards customized for the data most important to their organizations. The dashboards can display any unit, show energy usage comparisons, breakdowns or improvements and they can be shared.
- Comprehensive energy usage reports: A powerful real-time reporting engine provides users with a simple interface and options to automate reports. Out-of-the-box report templates include energy cost, multi-device usage, usage trends, load profiles and more.
- Electrical network health summaries: A simple health status view of the electrical system indicates whenever there is an electrical problem.
- Direct access to power meter data: Pre-engineered power equipment screens provide a comprehensive set of data on power meters, breaker trip units and protection relays. With this access, building managers also can view real-time values, alarms and historical data trends.
- Power system engineer views: One-line diagrams show animated breakers and bus bars, enabling managers to quickly locate information and details related to alarms.
- Support for all utilities such as water, air, gas, electricity and steam (WAGES).
To learn more on Power Manager for SmartStruxure solution, customers can contact their local Schneider Electric representative or visit www.schneider-electric.com.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company’s 150,000 plus employees achieved sales of 31 billion US dollars in 2013, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]