True Analytics™ - Energy Savings, Comfort, and Operational Efficiency
New Software, Firmware and API Now Available for Matrox Maevex H.264 Encoders/Decoders
Matrox Maevex API plus new features
including recording and failsafe give AV integrators and OEMs a
complete, cost-effective, multi-functional video-over-IP solution
MONTREAL — July 24, 2014 — Matrox® Graphics Inc. today announced the immediate availability of firmware version 1.03 for Matrox Maevex™ 5100 Series H.264 encode/decode devices, enabling new AV-over-IP features that can be controlled through the latest PowerStream™ 1.03 software or the new Maevex API.
Matrox Maevex PowerStream software gives administrators an intuitive user interface to remotely discover and manage their entire network of Maevex encoders and decoders and fine-tune individual device parameters. The latest 1.03 software release lets integrators take advantage of new Maevex functionality enabled through Maevex 1.03 firmware and software, including AV recording over IP.
The new Maevex API gives third-party software developers and OEMs access to the complete Maevex feature set. It facilitates development of customized Maevex control software and integration with existing AV control systems, making it ideal for a wide range of video-over-IP applications such as collaborative video walls, education & training, manufacturing & automation, process control and digital signage.
Key new benefits include the following:
• The ability to capture, encode and record MP4 files to NAS or a shared network drive at resolutions up to Full HD 1080p60 with zero-latency pass-through of the video and audio signals gives IT administrators a low-cost, high-performance recording solution for medical, legal, transportation, military and surveillance applications.
• Failsafe playback ensures that pre-recorded digital signage content will automatically play on screen in the event of a lost network connection that interrupts streaming from a Maevex encoder — blank screens are eliminated.
• The RS-232 conduit allows communication with a 1-to-1 bidirectional link between encoder and decoder and enables third party control software connected to the encoder to communicate commands and confirm execution on downstream devices. For example, displays connected to the decoder can be turned off to extend lamp life.
• User-definable RTSP addressing lets users conveniently list and better manage video stream destinations by configuring port and path selection.
• DPMS monitor enablement lets users take advantage of the energy saving mode on DPMS displays when no stream is detected at the decoder.
Price and availability
For more information on Maevex 5100 Series, including bundle pricing and access to Maevex API, contact Matrox Graphics at email@example.com.
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/graphics.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]