Daikin Integration to BACnet, Modbus, KNX, WIFI, Mobile Apps
NEW BCIT Program Announcement - Advanced Certificate in Building Controls and Energy Management (BCEM)
The Advanced Certificate in Building Controls and Energy Management (BCEM) was developed in partnership with industry, and funding from Concert Properties and BC Hydro, to meet the growing need for individuals with both energy management and building controls expertise. The aim of this program is to supply industry with graduates who can use controls and building automation systems to improve energy efficiency and overall sustainability of buildings. This includes integration of this knowledge in all phases of buildings life: design, construction, commissioning, and ongoing operation.
The target audience for this program are designers, builders, operators, commissioners, and energy managers of buildings with an interest in sustainability.
The BCEM program is an online part-time studies program that will use live web based lectures and self-guided learning as the primary method to develop the knowledge and applied skills of the learners. Learning methodologies will also include case studies, project work, group collaboration, and student presentations.
The minimum general entry qualifications for the Advanced Certificate in Building Controls and Energy Management will be:
Recognized diploma or degree:
· In one of the engineering fields of electrical, mechanical, process controls, and computer.
· In one of the technology fields of electrical controls, mechanical technologies, instrumentation, power and process engineering, HVAC technology and building science, industrial instrumentation and process control technician.
· An Interprovincial Red Seal in one of the following suggested trades: Plumber, Industrial Instrument Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic, Electrician, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Steamfitter/Pipefitter, Electric Motor Systems Technician, Boilermaker,
· Twenty years of related work experience in the fields of facilities, controls, or related trades.
· Completion of the Advanced Certificate in Sustainable Energy Management or the previously offered Associate Certificate in Sustainable Energy Management from BCIT.
· Math and English requirements as noted on the web page.
Please note that you can take up to three courses in the program (assuming you meet the pre-requisite requirements) without registering for the program itself. This is intended for professional development purposes and is dependent on space availability.
Classes start Fall 2016. To learn more or register go to: http://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/5095adcert
Please contact BCIT_BCEM@bcit.ca for any questions not answered by the website.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]