Award winning manufacturer of IT-based building automation.
Kepware Expands Flagship Product to Offer Additional Device Connectivity
KEPServerEX V6.2 streamlines data collection and increases plant floor productivity
PORTLAND, ME, June 8, 2017 — Kepware®, a PTC business developing industrial connectivity software, today announced the release of the KEPServerEX® version 6.2 industrial connectivity platform. Significant enhancements include new functionality for the CODESYS Ethernet driver, a new TIA Portal Exporter Utility, Configuration API support for the EFM Exporter, and improved interoperability with the ThingWorx® IoT Platform.
Building upon the connectivity provided in its initial release, the CODESYS Ethernet driver for KEPServerEX version 6.2 now provides real-time read/write data access to devices running CODESYS V2.3 and V3. Customers with smart, connected operations using devices that run on CODESYS (a common PLC runtime and development environment) can now easily collect industrial data from disparate devices across their plant.
KEPServerEX version 6.2 also includes the following:
· New TIA Portal Exporter Utility: Customers with Siemens S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, and S7-1500 controllers that utilize the Siemens TIA Portal can now gain immediate access to their data. Used with the Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver, the TIA Portal Exporter Utility enables users to automatically generate the specific tags they need for their KEPServerEX projects.
· Configuration API support for the EFM Exporter: Customers with third-party applications (such as SCADA, HMI, IoT applications, and simple web applications) can now make programmatic changes to the EFM Exporter—enabling project standardization and simplification.
· Enhanced ThingWorx integration: Customers utilizing KEPServerEX with ThingWorx can now quickly and easily find and utilize industrial data in augmented reality experiences, machine learning models, mashups, or other ThingWorx tools. In conjunction with ThingWorx version 8, KEPServerEX version 6.2 contains new functionality that gives users easy access to all of their KEPServerEX data within ThingWorx Composer, the ability to quickly associate that data with new or existing things in the ThingModel, and the ability to view mapping and critical diagnostic information from the ThingWorx platform.
KEPServerEX version 6.2 also includes updates to 19 other server components, drivers, and advanced plug-ins.
· Learn more about KEPServerEX version 6.2
· Download a demo now
· Contact a Kepware representative at +1 888-KEPWARE (537-9273) x208 or firstname.lastname@example.org
@Kepware is a software development business of PTC Inc. located in Portland, Maine. Kepware provides a portfolio of software solutions to help businesses connect diverse automation devices and software applications and enable the Industrial Internet of Things. From plant floor to wellsite to windfarm, Kepware serves a wide range of customers in a variety of vertical markets including Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Building Automation, Power & Utilities, and more. Established in 1995 and now distributed in more than 100 countries, Kepware® software solutions help thousands of businesses improve operations and decision making. Learn more at https://www.kepware.com/.
PTC has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way you create, operate, and service products. With PTC, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]