Innovations in Comfort, Efficiency, and Safety Solutions.
Record Attendance at the 2011 NEBB Annual Conference
Gaithersburg, MD – The National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB)
held its 2011 Annual Conference in Savannah, Georgia on October 20-22,
2011. The conference had record attendance. Mr. Bill Neudorfer, 2011
NEBB President, and Mr. Bill Blanfleth, Treasurer, ASHRAE provided
opening comments. The keynote speaker was Mr. Kevin Kampshroer,
Director of the Office of Federal High-Performance Green Buildings,
During the opening session, NEBB presented ASHRAE with a $10,000 check for the ASHRAE Golden Circle which supports ASHRAE research. ASHRAE Golden Circle is made up of investors who contribute $10,000 or more to ASHRAE research.
Technical sessions on Thursday, October 20 included the following:
• Job Site Electrical Safety – A Matter of life and Death
• You and Your Aging Parents: A New and unfamiliar Journey
• Testing Building Envelopes – What is the Process and Why is it Important?
Technical sessions on Friday, October 21 included the following:
• Securing GSA Work
• HVAC Duct and Air Leakage Testing for Commercial and Industrial Applications
• Looking for an Exit? Getting Out of Business the Right Way
• Starting a Lab Project? Understanding Hazards
• Achieving Total Flow Control in Hydronic Systems
Technical sessions on Saturday, October 22 included the following:
• The Economics of Balance
• Pressurization Testing of Commercial Buildings
• Cleanroom Testing – Changes to ISO Part 1 & 2
• Simple BIM – TAB Using BIM in the Real World
• Differential Pressure Control and Balancing of Hydronic Systems
• Events The May Change HEPA Filter Methodology
• Working with GSA on Their Green Initiatives
• The Basics of Selling
• Airborne Particle Counters/APC/OPC
• MCAA Change Orders & scheduling for Commissioning
• HVAC/Heat Exchanging Coil Performance Optimization
In addition to the extensive technical sessions, representatives from ASHRAE, GSA, and MCAA were present. Presentations will be posted to www.nebb.org by November 5th.
Established in 1971, the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) has become the premier international association of certifying firms that perform testing, adjusting and balancing (TAB) of heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems in addition to building systems commissioning and cleanroom certification. In addition to certifying firms, NEBB is the leading source of industry information providing industry standards, publications, text books, study courses and newsletters. Today, NEBB is proud to have over 600 certified firms with over 900 certified professionals worldwide.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]