Daikin Integration to BACnet, Modbus, KNX, WIFI, Mobile Apps
The Lantronix® xPort® Embedded Ethernet Device Server
The customer – a leading provider of secured wireless data communication links using Bluetooth technology. Due to rising customer demand and the surging use of the Internet for business communications, the company realized that it needed to expand the functionality of its wireless data communication devices beyond LAN (Local Area Network) applications. They wanted to provide users with the means to upgrade their legacy equipment at low cost, monitor and maintain control systems remotely, and centralize databases with event notifications for all of their locations.
To enable Internet
communications over their product, the company needed a compact
network-enabling solution that its design engineers could quickly and
easily integrate into the product. The company understood that it had
neither the expertise in writing TCP/IP stacks nor the time to build a
solution internally. Could Lantronix® provide an easy-to-integrate
Ethernet connectivity solution for the customer's Bluetooth-enabled
data communication products?
- Provide Ethernet connectivity for its Bluetooth enabled wireless data communication products
- Ease of integration – solution must have a compact form factor that quickly and easily integrates into their product
- Solution must be scalable, reliable and cost-effective
- Expand the functionality of its wireless data communications devices beyond LAN
- Reduce development costs and engineering resources
Lantronix® xPort® Embedded Ethernet Device Server
To meet their product size and time-to-market requirements, the design engineers chose Lantronix and its xPort embedded device server to solve their Internet connectivity needs. Networked equipment attaches to their product through the xPort's RJ45 port, and data transmission occurs between two of their products using Bluetooth technology.
A complete network-enabling solution enclosed within a compact, durable RJ45 package, xPort eliminates the complexity of adding serial-to-Ethernet connectivity. It includes a 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet connection, a reliable and proven operating system, an embedded web server, flexible firmware, full TCP/IP protocol stack, and optional 256-bit AES encryption. Best of all, xPort is a solution that can be integrated into most products within weeks. xPort eliminated the need for the company's design engineers to spend upwards of 48 "person-months" and hundreds of thousands of dollars in development time.
Lantronix xPort Application:
Enabling Ethernet connectivity for Bluetooth-enabled data communication products
- Expanded the functionality of the Blue232 to enable centralized control of equipment from anywhere in the world at any time
- Significantly reduced development time which saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in development costs
- Quick time to market and ease of integration into their product interface allowing for a competitive advantage
- Compact, durable RJ45 package, eliminates the complexity of adding serial-to-Ethernet connectivity
- Enterprise level security options including a 256-bit standards-based encryption assures optimal security for communications
- Entered previously untapped markets with a product superior to those of their competition
About the Lantronix xPort - Embedded Ethernet Device Server
Full Networking in a Tiny Package - xPort embedded Ethernet device server removes the complexity of designing network connectivity into a product by incorporating all of the required hardware and software inside a single embedded Ethernet solution. Smaller than your thumb, it includes all essential networking features, including a 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet connection, proven operating system, an embedded web server, e-mail alerts, a full TCP/IP protocol stack, and 256-bit AES encryption for secure communications. This easy-to-embed networking processor module enables engineers to focus on their core competency while reducing development time and cost and increasing product value.
Lantronix xPort Key Benefits:
- Minimal engineering effort required to web-enable virtually any electronic device
- Remote command and control of edge devices
- 256-bit AES encryption for secure communications
- EMC/EMI-compliant; RoHS complaint
- Compact RJ45 package
For more information on the xPort Embedded Device Server visit www.lantronix.com.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]