Babel Buster Network Gateways: Big Features. Small Price.
Niagara 4.8 is Now Released!
Tridium is pleased to announce the
general availability of Niagara Framework® 4.8. This release
incorporates important new features and functionality to support
Niagara users as they
We hope you will upgrade soon to take
advantage of all that is built into Niagara 4.8 as detailed below.
Included in this launch package are also details about the latest
release of Niagara Enterprise Security, a new addition to our portfolio
of video drivers, and a new BACnet certification—just a few of the
additional ways that Niagara is advancing to keep pace with your needs.
NEW IN NIAGARA 4.8
ACE Deterministic Engine for Niagara Edge™10
- New control engine for Edge 10 that enables fast startup to control
time and deterministic timing when servicing IO, enabling enhanced
operations, analytics and optimization in new building applications.
Security Dashboard – Quickly assess the security posture of your Niagara network with an easy-to-read and actionable dashboard.
Client Certificate Authentication - Facilitates kiosk-style interfaces using a dedicated pre-configured browser client.
802.1x Support – More IT administrators are demanding that building devices be network compliant. JACE® 8000 and Niagara Edge 10 are now compliant with IEEE standard for network authentication.
3rd Party Module Signing – When utilizing the vast number of community-written Niagara extensions/modules, module signing improves the security posture of Niagara installations by making administrators aware of modules that may have been tampered with or introduced by untrustworthy sources.
Export Refresh – Have you created an insightful chart in Niagara? You can now easily share it from your browser using the improved historical data exporting functionality.
JACE 8000 Operating System Refresh – Keep your system current by applying the latest updates. This release includes updates to JACE 8000 to run the latest QNX release, as well as a new JVM to ensure future compatibility with new features and to continue ongoing support.
Analytics Data Filter – Data sets can be messy. Sometimes they have gaps, bad values, etc. Now, the Niagara Analytics engine is smarter and can exclude bad data sets based on the data being tagged as faulty, overridden, in alarm state, etc.
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Learn more about Niagara 4.8 by downloading the features overview, release notes, and the Niagara 4.8 Supervisor data sheet.
2. Get familiar with the breaking changes
3. Learn about some of the new features of 4.8 with our free Niagara 4.8 training courses on Tridium University
4. Review new Niagara 4.8 documentation
5. Review a new article "Things to Know Before Upgrading to Niagara 4.8" now available in the Niagara Community Knowledge Base.
6. New license features were added for ACE, 802.1X and for the Security Dashboard. When deploying Niagara 4.8, Tridium recommends refreshing your license to pick up the new features added to the Niagara 4 Supervisor, JACE-8000, and Edge 10 parts.
7. Plan to join our Niagara 4 experts for a series of informative TridiumTalks to be announced in the coming weeks.
[Click Banner To Learn More]
[Home Page] [The Automator] [About] [Subscribe ] [Contact Us]