- Open Future of Building Controls and the Role of Buildings in the Climate Emergency - AHR Expo 2020 Preview
- Buildings in the Age of the Climate Emergency
in Vancouver, it all
started with the declaration of a “Climate Emergency” by our city
- Beyond BAS –
The Anatomy of Disruption Our industry will be opened to a
wide variety of new players who will bring with them faster innovation.
Disruption aside, this will be a good thing
- “Open”ing Up Our Buildings
- AHR Expo 2019 Preview Brad offers his thoughts on how open
systems are poised to change the BAS world and offers a preview of what
attendees can expect.
- AHR Expo 2019 Preview - Next Generation HVAC Controls: Open Hardware – Open Software
- Elevating Smart Building Design to Create Attractive Spaces
- In the digital era, we need to rethink what brings people together in
- Thermal Delight - The Coming Revolution in Personalized Comfort
"Open Source Finally Arrives"
It’s this need to marry the new with the old that is the
driver of a lot of innovation. So I think we should be ready to embrace
the messiness as we stumble our way to better buildings.
- The Edge of VOLTTRON’s Sword
The pillars of this new platform are flexibility - meeting the
requirements for a varied set of solution spaces, and usability -
easily accessible to both users and developers. The software stack is
available free on GitHub to put onto a small form factor computer and
create your very own “edge device.” - Brad White, P.Eng, MASc,
Principal & Nigel David, BSc, MSc, PhD, Lead Researcher, SES
- Let the People Rule – Harnessing occupancy data from IT for optimizing HVAC operation
- Cope with
the IOT Revolution by Staying Agile As the smart building
industry rapidly evolves, management strategies pioneered by software
developers can help us successfully adapt.
- If You Spec It, They Will Come
Out of date and over spec’d designs are failing to address the major
problems of most control systems.
from the FDD Trenches Confusion only seems to be growing as
the leading solutions being offered are starting to diverge
significantly in their approach, sophistication, and price.
Human Comfort – Why Do HVAC Systems Suck So Much?
Trillion Dollar Opportunity in Transforming Existing Buildings
If you had $3-$5 million to invest into a 50,000 sq ft office building
could you significantly reduce energy consumption, improve space
utilization, and increase worker productivity?
Search of a Brain for our Self-Driving Buildings ...it’s only a
matter of time before someone creates the self-learning software brain
that the self-driving building requires.
Sharing to Drive Learning Only if you can hire good people,
train them well, and ensure they continue to learn throughout their
career will we see industry, from the operators to the engineers,
achieve the potential we all know is there.
- Continuous Optimization Getting the Most out
of Your Building Automation System
on ConnectivityWeek & www.YoungEnergy.org Network Being part of
Young Energy was definitely one the most fulfilling experiences of my
Network I think the development of a smart grid that
integrates energy efficiency and sustainable energy solutions seems
like a no-brainer to people in my generation.
Brad White, P.Eng is president at SES Consulting Inc.
SES, a Certified B Corporation, is a Vancouver based firm
building owners reduce energy use and GHG emissions through their
expertise in mechanical systems, building automation, and occupant
[Click Banner To